An easy-to-consume and tissue-ready combination of calcium and magnesium, plus vitamin C. Cal-Mag Citrate helps maintain bone and muscle health.* The addition of vitamin C enhances immune function.*
Magnesium and calcium work synergistically in the body’s muscle cells – magnesium causes muscle fibers to relax, while calcium causes them to contract – helping to prevent muscle cramping and supporting healthy heart rate and rhythm (the heart is a muscle too!).*
The ratio of calcium-to-magnesium in Cal-Mag Citrate is ideal for individuals who want a higher amount of calcium but, due to magnesium's potential laxative effect, can’t tolerate an equal amount of magnesium.* Because of the highly absorbable forms of these two minerals, you get higher amounts of essential minerals and minimize capsule fatigue.
Why is calcium important?
• Studies on calcium and bone mass show that daily supplementation of a well-absorbed form of calcium promotes bone mass in adolescents, young adults, older men, and postmenopausal women.*
Why is magnesium important?
• Magnesium is crucial for the body to function properly because magnesium is involved in more than 600 of the body's enzymatic reactions.
• Magnesium is essential for the health of the heart and blood vessels, brain, bones, muscles, and lungs. It also supports healthy blood sugar levels.*
• It enhances the relaxation of smooth and skeletal muscles.*
• Magnesium is a cofactor, along with multiple enzymes, in cellular energy production.*
Why add vitamin C?
• Vitamin C promotes optimal immune function.*
• Vitamin C supports healthy collagen formation, which benefits wound healing and injury repair.*